8:00 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
Moving to Natural Sugar Reduction Alternatives
8:10 am Understanding the Cost Around Natural Sugar Alternatives & How These Can Be Reduced For Increased Accessibility & Consumption
- Hank Wang Technical Director, Nascent Health
- Evaluating why the cost of natural sugar alternatives is currently higher than artificial options.
- Looking at how to reduce high-cost factors in natural sugar product development for lower-cost end products.
- Assessing the long-term market cost of natural sugar alternatives and its impact on continued consumer accessibility.
8:50 am Improving the Sweetness Profile of Sugar Alternatives Through the Adoption of New Sugars
- Ed Rogers Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder & Board Member, Bonumose
9:30 am The Next Generation of Incredo Sugar-Based Sugar Reduction Solutions
- Ari Melamud CEO, DouxMatok
10:10 am Speed Networking & Morning Refreshments
What Does the Consumer Want?
10:50 am Audience Discussion: Creating Label Friendly Products To Enhance Consumer Understanding of Ingredients & Product Formulation
- Understanding what the common knowledge gaps are for consumers within current labelling systems.
- Assessing what the most important label factors are to the consumer during purchasing.
- Creating consistency in the language used across labelling of sugar-reduced products for better industry standards.
11:30 am Panel: Discussing What ‘Clean Label’ Means & How This Can Be Applied Consistently For Better Awareness of Product Differences
- Shari Leidich Founder and CEO, Max Sweets
- Defining what is currently classed as ‘clean label’ and the subsequent reasoning behind this.
- Discussing why clean label products are important to consumers and preparing to move towards achieving this label.
- Evaluating the importance of clean label products in the sugar reduction space and their significance for consumer acceptance.
12:10 pm Lunch Break
1:10 pm Audience Discussion: Assessing How Governments are Able to Reduce Overall Costs of Sugar Reduced Products for Higher Consumer Accessibility
- Looking at the current taxation systems governments have in place for sugar-reduced products that impact market price point.
- Considering what actions governments can take to make the low sugar options more accessible to the public e.g. through subsidies.
- Working alongside governmental bodies to create healthy product lines that can achieve market success and improve health outcomes.
Addressing Challenges in Product Formulation
1:50 pm Enhancing The Taste of Sugar in Foods & Beverages With Non-Caloric Sweeteners & System G Taste Modulators
- Grant DuBois Chief Scientific Officer, Almendra
- Learning the optimal levels of sweetness that are needed for Sugar-Reduced Products.
- Mitigating the after-taste effects and improving mouth-feel of products.
- Looking at how modulation technology can advance the diversity of tastes in sugar reduced products.
2:30 pm Afternoon Refreshments
3:00 pm Utilizing True Products to Mask the Negative Tastes Aspects of Stevia
- Josh Young Director, Tastes Natural
3:40 pm Case Study: Using Enzymatic Technology to Remove Sugar & Maintain Natural Taste for Diverse Product Applications
- Understanding what enzymatic technology is and how it can be applied in different products.
- Looking at how removal technologies can give food retailers choice over end products sugar levels.
- Discussing the advancements needed in enzymatic technology for being an integral part of sugar reduction decisions.